- Educate the community about the reality of human trafficking and the work being done to end trafficking and support survivors.
- Help us design an educational curriculum and organize events.
- Attend and speak at fundraising events, information tables, movie screenings, etc.
- Assist the director in advancing the overall mission of The Freedom Café.
- Regularly research human trafficking, the anti-trafficking movement and supply chain management.
- Locate and design educational materials for distribution.
- Create short educational presentations for our Outreach Team.
- Help us develop a long-term educational strategy and calendar.
- Work with the grant committee to vet organizations for us to sponsor.
- Host community conversations about our cause in the cafe.
- 6-10 hours of work per month.
- Commit to a minimum of 3 months of volunteering.
- Attend volunteer team meetings on the 2nd Sunday of each month from 5pm-6:30pm.
- View the Not My Life documentary and provide a 1 page response to demonstrate entry level knowledge of human trafficking.
- Personal vision for co-creating a traffic-free world.
- Must be able to work under their own initiative.
- Developed oral and written communications skills.
- Educate others about human trafficking.
- Gain the ability to accomplish tasks quickly.
- Learn how to work under your under your own initiative.
- Designing print and digital materials for educational and promotional purposes.
- Gain valuable education about human trafficking.
- Opportunity to earn the President's Volunteer Service Award.