- Network and engage the local community, social organizations, program partners, friends and family members.
- Raise awareness about The Freedom Café, its cause and mission and the ongoing impact of our education programming.
- Have the unique opportunity to educate the community about the reality of human trafficking and the work being done around the world to end trafficking and support survivors.
- Help out at major fundraising events, staffing information tables, movie screenings, etc.
- Assist director in advancing the overall mission of The Freedom Café.
- Outreach and schedule presentations at community gatherings on the UNH campus and around the Seacoast region.
- Make presentations to local organizations explaining what human trafficking is and how The Freedom Café operates to help end it.
- Invite interested local organizations to partner with us on projects.
- Design repeatable presentations and materials.
- Attend weekly Outreach Team meetings.
- 6-10 hours a month (typically there are 2 presentations per month).
- Serve for a minimum of 3 months.
- Attend volunteer team meetings on the 2nd Sunday of each month from 5pm-6:30pm.
- View the Not My Life Documentary and provide a 1 page response demonstrating an entry level knowledge of human trafficking.
- Excitement for talking and connecting with members of the community.
- A passion for helping create a traffic-free world.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Improve public speaking skills.
- Gain event planning and logistics skills.
- Improve on organization, time-management skills.
- Design and develop educational resources in print and digital materials for volunteers and the public based on research.
- Learn how to recruit volunteers.
- Build relationships with the community, campus organizations, local businesses, etc.
- Gain skills in fundraising, budget management and research.
- Improve leadership and relational skills.
- Opportunity to earn the President's Volunteer Service Award.