- Create a welcoming environment for guests.
- Provide knowledge about the Café's mission.
- Ensure consistent quality and professional service.
- Implement Café protocols.
- Assist the director in advancing the overall mission of the Freedom Café.
- Staff the Café (minimum of 2 hours per week).
- Prepare Café drinks (training provided).
- Commit to a minimum of 3 months of volunteering.
- Attend volunteer meetings on the 2nd Sunday of each month from 5pm- 6:30pm.
- View the Not My Life documentary and provide a 1 page response to demonstrate entry level knowledge of human trafficking.
- Personal vision for co-creating a traffic-free world.
- Interest in specialty coffee and tea, preferred.
- Ability to work under your own initiative.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Developed oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to create a friendly environment for volunteers and Café guests.
- Improve your communication skills.
- Learn how to work in a team environment.
- Gain valuable education about human trafficking.
- Opportunity to earn the President's Volunteer Service Award.