April 4 - Volunteer Meet-up - 5-5:45pm
April 4 - Perform for Freedom w/guest Desireé Dallagiacomo, Co-sponsord by UNH SHARPP, 7-10pm
April 9 - Masters & Slaves Class Presentation, 3:40pm
April 11 - Propaganda and Persuasion Class Presentation, 1pm
April 11 - Perform for Freedom
Apr 13 - Freedom Friday Teen Perform Night 7-9pm
April 17 - CourageSpeaksNH Gallery
- Gallery Opening & Reception: 1-2pm
- General Viewing: 2-6pm
- Keynote Event w/Guest, Cheri Crider 7pm-8:30pm
Cheri Crider is the Office Manager and Outreach Survivor Leader for Amirah, Inc.Having escaped commercial sexual exploitation 39 years ago, she knows both the heartache and triumphs of healing from trauma. Today, Cheri lends her experience to universities to develop curricula to protect vulnerable youth from exploitation. As an advocate and speaker, she facilitates groups to empower women and carries the message to end commercial sexual exploitation.
April 18 - Perform for Freedom
April 20-21 - NE Faith and Justice Summit on Human Trafficking
April 25 - Paul Change-Makers Class Presentation, 3:40pm
May 10 - Hazel & Deene Pop-Up Shop
Just in time for Mothers Day, The Hazel & Deene pop-up shop will be open at The Freedom Café from 11am-8:30pm on Thursday May 10th.
- Drop by with friends for Tea Party Events at 11am and 7pm. Tea Party events will feature hors d’oeuvres, chocolate and tea tasting and a short presentation by Hazel & Deene Founding Stylist, Jeanne Pride.
- Hazel & Deene is a hybrid ethical jewelry retailer fusing social selling and community impact through a lifestyle brand and online boutique. Learn more about Hazel & Deene and view products at https://jeannepride.hazeldeene.com. Along with Hazel & Deene items the pop-up shopping event will feature handmade items brought over directly from The Heshima Children's Center in Kenya. http://www.heshima.org/dignity-design-online-shop.html
- This pop-up event is a part of The Freedom Café effort to support and inspire thoughtful, ethical consumption. We hope it creates an opportunity for you to buy good and feel good!
May 11 - Freedom Friday
May 14 - World Fair Trade Day
Perform for Freedom - Wednesday 7-10pm at The Freedom Café
PFF is a performance and awareness event creating space for friends of The Freedom Café to share what we love to do to support the movement to end human trafficking. We offer our talents and insight in a space that helps all of us learn and remain grounded as activists. Each night opens with a scheduled performer, followed by an educational window on human trafficking and open mic performances. Sign-ups for performing begin at 7pm. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Freedom Friday Teen Night
A night of music and activism. Come to perform or just hang out with friends and help The Freedom Café end human trafficking one ethically sourced drink at a time!
Volunteer Training - Required for current volunteers, open to the public
This monthly gathering fosters connection among our team members and provides training to further engagement and agency in the effort to fight human trafficking. These seminars take place on the 2nd Monday of each month at 7pm.
Seed to Cup Seminars: Our seed to cup seminars shine a light on the supply chain process for the delicious commodities most of us enjoy on a regular basis. Geek out on Coffee, Tea or Chocolate, get an overview of the process from Seed to Cup, experience tastes from around the world, and learn how to brew your favorite drink at home.